READ THIS BEFORE YOU SKIM:
these rules are as short and clear as possible. if you are a datavibe.net
member you really need to read them in full. i mean it.
datavibe.net - terms of service (TOS)
datavibe requires certain guidelines to continue
functioning smoothly for all of it's users. we consider ourselves
much less restrictive and prohibitive than most service providers.
please follow the few rules we do have carefully.
the first set of rules is absolute and applies to all
accounts. the second set applies to almost all of the accounts on
datavibe, with special provisions or exclusions for some users. if you
have not been specifically authorized for additional privileges (you would
know if you were), then assume that all of the second set applies to you.
if you're still confused, email an administrator and ask.
datavibe administrator contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- datavibe.net accounts and access information are not to be shared with
others. this includes your account password and any other authentication
tokens or keys that you use to access datavibe.
- datavibe.net accounts and services may not be used to violate any local,
state, or federal laws.
- datavibe.net accounts and services may not be used to send bulk
unsolicted email, commercial or otherwise.
- datavibe.net accounts and services may not be used to deny any type of
internet service to another user.
- datavibe.net membership is voluntary and may be terminated at any time
with or without cause by either datavibe.net or the datavibe member
- datavibe.net membership is not a contract or agreement between datavibe.net
and a datavibe member.
- datavibe administrators, maintainers, agents, or content providers do
not warrant the datavibe.net service in any way, expressed or implied. we
do not state or imply the merchantability of the service or it's fitness
for any particular purpose. we are not liable for any damages incurred due
to membership or use of any datavibe service or privilege.
- the last one, restated in english: at any time for any number of
reasons outside of our control datavibe.net may cease to exist (although
we will endeavor to prevent this from happening at all costs). we may go
down for a week, we may run out of money or time and give up on the
project, we may accidentally delete all of your irreplacable files and
email. we will do our best (and we're quite good), but we aren't perfect.
consider yourself warned.
- last, but not least, we reserve the right to add, update, delete, or
modify these terms at any time without notice. however, we'll do our best
to keep this url the same so you can always come to this page to view the
latest version of this document. i doubt we'll ever need to add too much to
this, if anything.
Most accounts: (this almost certainly means you):
(remember, the rules in this set are inherently suffixed with
"unless otherwise instructed by a datavibe administrator.")
- datavibe.net accounts are to be used only for sending or recieving email
and developing, editing, or maintaining your website or websites hosted
on datavibe, and for personal file storage.
any other use of your datavibe account is prohibited. some such excluded
uses are accessing IRC, connecting to other servers, and compiling
- your datavibe.net email spool should not exceed 100MB (megabytes).
if this poses a problem, you are encouraged to store your email in a file
outside of your incoming mail spool file, such as a file in your home
directory. email stored in such a manner is counted as personal file
- each of your datavibe.net websites should be less than 500MB (megabytes)
- each of your datavibe.net websites should not generate more than
3GB (gigabytes) per month per site in transfers.
- your personal files should not exceed 100MB (megabytes) in size.
These rules are of varying severity and consequence.
Failure to comply with the important ones will result in immediate account
suspension (and possibily deletion) without notice.
the rest of the rules are there to keep things running
smoothly for everyone. most of the items that include the word "should"
are usually pretty flexible, especially when things are running normally.
finally, please use common sense and courtesy when
interpreting these rules. if you have any questions about the rules,
concerns, or suggestions, please mail an administrator at email@example.com. thank you.
end of datavibe.net terms of service. this is
version 1.0, last updated on April 04 2003.
datavibe.net 2003 - firstname.lastname@example.org
datavibe.net PGP Signing Key
fingerprint 9242 7D40 6F06 92CA 473B 4E2F 3B7D 00F9 92CD CDFF
Please sign this key and submit to public servers.
Call (877) 748-3467 within the United States for out-of-band fingerprint verification.